MSE Content Corner Update 4/14 - new gaited stuff & misc

Moderator: Nea Sterling

MSE Content Corner Update 4/14 - new gaited stuff & misc

Postby Amanda Schrödinger » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:24 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT (3/30): I apparently lied about retiring...

I'm retiring from CC creation. I really don't want a discussion on this. It's not because I feel unappreciated (I don't). It's not because I want more attention (I don't). I thought long about this and finally came to make the decision official. I have more reasoning below if you want to hear it.

1. I couldn't do much of anything all autumn because of graduate school applications. With interviews coming up January/February, I can't imagine much different as far as free time. Then if I actually get accepted, come August/September definitely not going to have the same amount of time.

2. I'm only okay as a visual artist. I miss writing. My characters need me. My story needs me. I need to empty my creativity there. It's another thing that took too long for me to realize; I'm not a writer because I want to me. I fought it for a very long time. I don't want to be a writer. I need to be a writer. That's where my creativity needs to be.

3. Because 1 + 2 = 3, #3 is with the outlook of free time dismal with graduate school becoming a reality, I will have time for maximum concentration in only one of my many hobbies. This will have to be writing.

4. I'm tired of making promises of content and deadlines that I can't keep.

5. I really miss playing the game. Be it actual Sims 3 gameplay or competing on ES.

6. I only ever did this because no one else was making CC for horses at the time. I was just doing it until someone else better came along. Now that others are (and making better content than me), I am no longer needed. You must understand this is my perspective. If it weren't for the others reasons perhaps one could make a valid argument to me. You must also understand I see this as a positive. My values tell me I cannot leave a community role no matter my personal feeling on the matter if it is contingent on my continued participation. With or without me, the community will still get new CC. This is how I can reconcile retiring.

7. I will come out of retirement every so often. However, new content from me will not be common. If I continue more than anticipated, I will be focusing on my fantasy content.

There are still several projects I will complete before retiring completely. These I hope to have complete by the end of the month: lunge/vaulting set (collaboration with Facha), tent pegging set (collaboration with Facha), more farm animal stuff (request by Marcie and Lauren V), three English bridles, sport medicine boots, long running braid, and half-chaps for both genders. I am also working with Christina on a couple things and will always be available for collaboration with her.

ANNOUNCEMENT (9/26/2013): I have to get my act together and apply to graduate school. Surely that will affect the rate of CC and my availability.

ANNOUNCEMENT (9/22/2013): I have a Tumblr (be scared): it's here. Since I don't know how to use it very well yet, I'll keep double posting my downloads on ES and on there. However, I'm more likely to show WIPs and previews on my Tumblr...whenever I actually start using it more...

ANNOUNCEMENT (8/3/2013): Moved my poses, sliders, marking set, and objects to separate threads in the appropriate category.
ANNOUNCEMENT (7/30/2013): Still not very active. Still don't expect much from me. I will eventually split this topic and move my poses/sliders to the new sections. However, eventually is not at this moment.

ANNOUNCEMENT (6/20/2013): Aside from content making, I have gone inactive. This means I will not likely check the forum unless I have content to update. If you PM me, do not expect an immediate reply. I also combined the sliders and poses into one section. Just thought they kind of went together...also because I feel a slider is less a tangible "item" thus creating a category mistake. Not that anyone cares.

ANNOUNCEMENT (5/56/2013): I have moved all my fantasy/costume items to a separate thread in the Fantasy Sanctuary.

ANNOUNCEMENT (5/18/2013): For those unaware, my non-ES website is officially shut down.

All content now available through Mediafire.

Newest Item Upload
Various Gaited Bridles/Halters- uploaded 4/14/2014

Table of Contents
Post 1. Opening Post
Post 2. Requests, to-dos, etc
Post 3. Bridles
Post 4. Other Horse Tack
Post 5. Miscellaneous Horse Accessories
Post 6. Farm Sets
Post 7. Fantasy/Costume Items
Post 8. Horse Hair
Post 9. For Human Sims
Post 10. Other items

Recent Updates
4/14/2014
-Two Gaited Bridles
-Two Gaited Halters
-Bell boots set of four

3/30/2014
-New jumper bridle

3/4/2014
-Content dump

2/9/2014
-Sport Medicine Boots hind only and stud chains

1/24/2014
-Sport Medicine Boots and Child Riding Helmet

1/15/2014
-Padded Cavesson Bridle with and without flash

12/31/2013
Important Announcement

10/27/2013
-Halloween V-Browband

10/27/2013
-New type of hunter cinch braids

10/11/2013
-Drop Noseband Bridle

Less recent updates below
9/26/2013
-Convertible Bridle
-Native Bridle
-Tail Warning Ribbons

9/22/2013
-Akhal-Teke halters and bridles (9 items)
-New shaved mane

9/12/2013
-V-browband accessory

9/8/2013
-Farm sets

7/30/2013
-Surcingle
-Driving Harness
-Driving Bridle

6/27/2013
- Two new manes
- Horse shoes, back feet only
- Banded Dressage mane fix

6/13/2013
-Fixed Tail Length slider and "Exotic Ear Curvature" slider
5/18/2013
-Improved Bell Boots, Cinch Mane, and Sooty Markings
4/22/2013
-Four new manes, one new tail
  • Banded Draft-type Mane
  • Saddleseat Mane
  • Hunter Button Braids
  • Hunter Button Braids v2
  • Long thick tail

4/15/2013
-Banded Dressage Mane

I am now going to use this *.* to denote newest content.

4/8/2013
-Trail Set (8 Items)

b]3/28/2013[/b]
-Elevator bridles (two ring variety on simple and flash snaffle; three ring on figure eight)
-Western Curb bit bridle
-Costume items (goth choker, goth boots, hoof polish, goth bridle, fishnet stockings for horse, punk mane)

3/15/2013
Important Annoucement

2/21/2013
Exotic Halter Pose Pack
20 Poses Included

2/20/2013
Hunter Tail
Long Tail with 3D Wrap

Also:
Horseshoes Full Set - Reassigned as Hoof Hair
Horseshoes Front Only - Reassigned as Hoof Hair
Split hooves - Reassigned as Hoof Hair

1/27/2013
DIY Jump Set Part 3a
This set has 30 new items.

1/22/2013
Dressage Letters
Half- Mirrors
Last edited by Amanda Schrödinger on Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:29 pm, edited 13 times in total.
ES Profile ~ Exotic Breed Association ~ Custom Content Thread ~ Owner of Morning Star Equestrian and Fallen Angel Acres

When life hands you lemons, you clone those lemons and make super lemons.
Amanda Schrödinger

Nickname: Schroedinger Cat

Requests, To-Dos, Etc

Postby Amanda Schrödinger » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:15 pm

These lists no longer applicable

List of WIP Content

Note: WIP Content means I have started at least part of the creation process on these items. I get bored if I work on the same thing for too long. It is not unusual for me to have up to ten projects being worked on at once.

1. DIY Jump Set Part 3b (flower boxes)
2. DIY Jump Set Part 4 (gates)
3. DIy Jump Set Part 5 (miscellaneous)
4. Medicine Sport Boots
5. Mane/Tail Recolor Variations
6. Elevator bit (two and three ring variety)
7. Western curb bit
8. Various Jumper/Hunter/Jump Training pose packs
9. Traditional Akhal-Teke tack
10. Long running mane and macrame mane.

List of Planned Content

Note: Planned Content means I want to make them, but haven't started yet. These are in no particular order.

1. More gaited items
2. Various manes (braided types)
3. Sheep Skin Open-Front Boots
4. New bridle shapes (like rolled leather, raised noseband, etc)
5. Ear Tufts for cats
6. Jumper Hackamore

About Requests

I do not take requests. I have a long list of to-dos and even if I do not have it listed above, I have likely seen your request before and may hope to make it after all my other items. I do not make content based on popularity.

Acknowledgements and Thank You's

A big thanks to everyone who has helped me in the past on various pieces. Christina for use of her meshes, allowing me to help with official Equus content, and all the other amazing things about her (Ribbon mesh, Blanket mesh, 3D polo wraps, Nameplate halter). Elin for her help with fixing texture maps, making my bridles 4-channels, and her patience with my stupid questions that could easily be answered if I just read tutorials (Hunter jumps, Dressage Bridle, Pelham Bridle). Tanja (Dana/Lakeside) for her amazing texturing ability and help when I've lost patience with a project (Hunter Tail, Hoof Feathering). Cmar with more of my stupid questions but the patience of a saint and whose tool kit I'd be lost without. Jenny for her texturing after I was too bored to finish a project (Number Tags). And anyone else who may have helped me including the communities of both Mod the Sims and The Sims Resource for their tutorials and software.
Last edited by Amanda Schrödinger on Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
ES Profile ~ Exotic Breed Association ~ Custom Content Thread ~ Owner of Morning Star Equestrian and Fallen Angel Acres

Amanda Schrödinger

Bridles

Postby Amanda Schrödinger » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:20 pm

All bridles have a reinless version included in the download unless otherwise noted.

Bridles with Newer Mesh Style
Padded Cavesson Bridle :D PLEASE REDOWNLOAD - ISSUE FIXED 4/14

Padded Cavesson Bridle with Flash :D PLEASE REDOWNLOAD - ISSUE FIXED 4/14

Jumper Bridle with Deep V-Browband D: D:

Gaited Bridle V2 ("TWH Bridle") B) B)

Gaited Bridle V3 ("MFT Bridle") B) B)

Standard English Bridles
Loose Ring Snaffle Bridle

Loose Ring Snaffle Bridle with Flash

Full Cheek Snaffle Bridle with Bit Keepers

French Mouth Egg Butt Bridle

English D-Ring Bridle

Elevator Snaffle Bridle

Elevator Snaffle Bridle with Flash

Doubled Reined/Double Bitted Bridles
Tom Thumb Pelham Bridle

Dressage Bridle

Gaited Bridle

Double-reined Bridle*
-No Reins Version

Double-reined Bridle with Flash*
-No Reins Version

Other Specialty Bridles
Figure Eight Bridle with D-bit

Figure Eight Bridle with Full Cheek bit

Gag-Bit Snaffle Bridle

Deluxe Racing Bridle

Figure Eight Bridle with Elevator Bit (having issues with reined version, currently only reinless available)

Driving Bridle currently only reinless version available

Convertible Bridle currently only reinless version available B)

Drop Noseband Bridle currently only reinless version available B)

Traditional Bridles
Akhal-Teke Bridles currently only reinless version available

Native American Bridle currently only reinless version available

Western Bridles/Simple Bridles
Invisible Bridle
Loose Ring Bridle without a Noseband

O-Ring Bridle*
Western Shank Bridle*
Western Shank Bridle with Simple Studs*
-Reinless Versions of O-Ring, Western Shank, and Western Shank Studded
Western Curb Bit

*Currently these bridles lack a true bit, meaning they do not have a bit that goes through the mouth as I made them before I started doing that; they may be updated to have a true bit.
Last edited by Amanda Schrödinger on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:52 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Amanda Schrödinger

Other Tack

Postby Amanda Schrödinger » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:23 pm

Halters
Basic Halter
Basic Halter with Studs
Arabian Halter
Arabian Halter with Studs
Akhal-Teke Halters Adult Versions

Akhal-Teke Halters Foal Versions

Gaited Halter B) B)

Gaited Halter with Chain B) B)

Breast Collars/Martingales/Harnesses
Jumper Breast Collar

Breast Collar with Running Martingale

Breast Collar with Standing Martingale

Stitched Breast Collar (Western-type/EA recolor)
Fancy Stitched Breast Collar (Western-type/EA recolor)
Driving Harness *Appears in saddle category

Surcingle *Appears in saddle category

Leg Protection
Leg Wraps(striped version included, 2D item)

Bell Boots

Horse Shoes, front only

Horse Shoes, full set

Improved Bell Boots

Horse Shoes - Back Only (both accessory and hoof hair versions included in zip)

Sport Medicine Boots (four types --> set of four, front only, set of four combined with bell boots, front only combined with bell boots) :D

Sport Medicine Boots-Hind Legs Only (added by request) :D
Bell Boots Set of Four (no picture yet; it's just my bell boots on all four feet) B) B)

Saddle Pads*
Saddle Pad with Striped Wraps
Western Saddle Pad Retexture
Swallow Tail Saddle Pad
Racing Saddle Pad No.13

*These were made before Lakeside starting making saddles and will only fit EA saddles. I don't really see them as relevant content anymore, but they are here if you want them.
Last edited by Amanda Schrödinger on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Amanda Schrödinger

Miscellaneous Accessories

Postby Amanda Schrödinger » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:24 pm

Bridle Accessories
Ribbon for Bridle
*original mesh by Christina of Equus Sims

Number Tag

Bit Guards

V-Browband (because of custom CAS thumbnail, only .package version available)

Halloween v-Browband (because of custom CAS thumbnail, only .package version available) *.*

Other Accessories
Thin Neck Collar

Foal Turnout Blanket
*original mesh by Christina of Equus Sims

Tail Warning Ribbons (because of custom CAS thumbnail, only .package version available; three items in download to fit various tail shapes)

Stud Chains for Lakeside's Halter (because of custom CAS thumbnail only .package version available) :D
Last edited by Amanda Schrödinger on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:47 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Amanda Schrödinger

Farm Sets

Postby Amanda Schrödinger » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:31 pm

Old "Jumps" area. Jumps moved to this post.

Farm Sets
Appears in "hoof hair" section. Two recolorable channels (the other two channels will do nothing). Does not rely on accessories.

Note: Some sets will not work well unless a ear slider or custom poses are made.

Cow Set

Long Horn Cow Set

Goat Set v1

Goat set v2

Deer Set

Foal Split Hooves
Last edited by Amanda Schrödinger on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Amanda Schrödinger

Fantasy/Costume Items

Postby Amanda Schrödinger » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:33 pm

Fantasy/Costume Items

Fantasy Sets

Pegasus Set

Part 1 - Normal Feathering Adult

Part 2 - Peacock Feathering Adult

Part 3 - Normal Feathering Foal

Part 4 - Peacock Feathering Foal

Old Content Moved from Marketplace Thread (5/26/2013)

Costume Items (for horses)
Goth Bridle
Goth Boots
Goth Choker
Hoof Polish
Horse Fishnet Stockings
Punk Mane
Items above used in the screens below:
^Goth bridle, goth boots, and goth choker shown (saddle, mane, quarter sheet, and sim items are not made by me)
^Hoof polish, Horse fishnet stockings, and Punk mane shown (bridle made by me available here and tail made by me available here; quarter sheet and sim items not available)

Fantasy Items (for horses)
Note: At the present time I do not know how to make these "permanent" accessories (except maybe the split hooves), but I would like that as much as you would.

Teeth
Needle-like Teeth
Fangs

Horns
Dual Horns
Cow-like Horns
Antlers
Long Single Horn
Double-Twisted Horn
Triple Horns and Tusks

Other
Split Hooves
Last edited by Amanda Schrödinger on Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amanda Schrödinger

Hair

Postby Amanda Schrödinger » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:35 pm

Last edited by Amanda Schrödinger on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:49 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Amanda Schrödinger

For Human Sims

Postby Amanda Schrödinger » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:36 pm

Human Clothing/Accessories

Child Riding Helmet --> available in hairstyles/hats; available for male and female :D
Last edited by Amanda Schrödinger on Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amanda Schrödinger

Other items

Postby Amanda Schrödinger » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:37 pm

Content Dump from Page 44

1. Long Running Braid

2. Lunging Halter (Collaboration with Facha; Facha made the mesh, I mapped and jointed it)

3. Lunging Whips, Human Sim Accessory (Collaboration with Facha; Facha made the mesh, I mapped and jointed it)

4. Side Reins (Collaboration with Facha; Facha made the mesh, I mapped and jointed it)*PROOF OF CONCEPT*-->because of the way EA joints work this most always will not work with poses, however Facha did a nice mesh and to show it can be made, but not practical with pose use.

Lunge Set Download (includes items 2-4)

5. Quintain (Collaboration with Facha; Facha made the mesh, I mapped it)

6. Ring Target (Collaboration with Facha; Facha made the mesh, I mapped it)

7. Ground Target(s)

8. Lance

9. Lance with Target

Tent Pegging Set Download (includes items 5-9)

10. Vaulting Saddle (the map sucks; virtually unplayable in anything but black; Dana is re-mapping it, but since it has been continually requested and because I feel like it is haunting my dreams, I am releasing this version until the fixed one is done; collaboration with Facha; Facha made the awesome mesh, I mapped it horribly and jointed it)
-Blue Handle-->Drafts
-Magenta Handle-->Smaller Horses

11. Indian Tent Pegging Martingale/Collar/Failed Attempt to Appease Arabian Owners (contains all four items seen below)-->the hind collar maps the same as the front collar so don't plan on making them two different colors.

12. Indian Leg Bracelets

Markings
Moved to this post.

Stable Decor
Moved to this post.

Other Pet Items
Hatchet Boy/Girl Dog Collars*

*This was a request from "way back in the day"; I no longer do requests.
Last edited by Amanda Schrödinger on Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Amanda Schrödinger

Next

Return to Tack & Apparel